Wednesday, June 9, 2010

AVATAR!

I'm loosely committing to being a more faithful blogger! I'm starting to realize the best blogs are about everyday life, however, I'm missing the essential ingredients... the cute kids & their poop stories, the romantic husband (& his poop stories),a pet of any kind (& their poop stories) or an office job where people freeze staplers in jello & say ridiculously inappropriate things, etc. etc. (The ridiculously inappropriate things said at my job are all unfortunately CONFIDENTIAL!)

SO tonight, I will blog about my everyday life my RedBox weekend pick: AVATAR
(Please, please don't be jealous of the excitement that is my life!)

I was totally boycotting it... SciFi (ewww) Blue Aliens (eww) a 3hr movie (eww, eww) however, a 6th grade boy spent his entire therapy session telling me about it and making me promise to watch it (I'm an excellent therapist, as you can tell I had complete control of this session! AND who went home with the homework!) I promised and I'm a girl of my word! So I watched and here are my thoughts:

The aliens could have been better looking... I had no warm and fuzzy feelings towards them! Speilberg had me fall in love with ET who I HAD to have a doll of that I snuggled with and I kissed my ET lamp every night before I went to bed! (His heart stayed on as a night light!) Big fail on making me fall in love with the AVATAR or making me crave Reese's Pieces for that matter! However, the guy who turned into the AVATAR... that's an entirely different case... He can call me any time! Speaking of which, if any of you happen to know Roberto from The Bachelorette this season... my phone number is 931-374-1799.

Avatar is definitely a boy movie... I asked my little brother if he'd seen it, he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "3 times!" It was near the reaction I got when I told him I'd never seen The Matrix!

My former youth group students will roll their eyes at this part (who am I kidding? they're not reading this!) But I, of course, "ruined" the movie with my spiritual thoughts afterward, as it reminded me of how we SHOULD be deeply and constantly connected to our Creator, how He DOES desire to talk to us and remind us of His greatness through His creation, and oh how He loves us!

On a much less spiritual note: it also made me think of what life would be like if my MIND controlled my actions... I just leave it at that!

Overall, thumbs up on the AVATAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment