Sunday, October 17, 2010

Seat 21 C


The journey to Kenya begins: Nashville to Atlanta (1 whopping hour!)
Atlanta to Amsterdam (8hrs)
Amsterdam to Nairobi (8hrs)

The adventure began on the first flight, Seat 21 C - Aisle 21 is what I'd probably call an "afterthought." I imagine it went like this: Some Delta stewardess wanted to make a little extra money and on a plane with 20 aisles she created Aisle 21... basically she sat a couple of children's folding chairs behind row 20 right beside her little pop out seat - you know the one- directly up against the wall where people lean their buttocks while they await the restroom! Sound terrible? Nooo, it has its perks, it has a special back massager .... your chair vibrates every time someone flushes the toilet! We hung out on the Nashville tarmac for about an hour just for fun I think.... but don't worry the stewardess in my lap made sure I kept my tray table in the locked and upright position! (There were no worries about my seatback as the wall made sure of that!) Oh and evidently you had to pay extra for A/C! (Oh and NO mom I did not meet a man on this flight, the grown man seated beside me was reading Harry Potter!) It may sound like I'm complaining....I'm soooo NOT, I'm smiling ear to ear, just happy to be on the plane on my way to Kenya (well, Atlanta first!) Currently reading Midnight in the City by Hal Donaldson I'll submit a book report later!

No comments:

Post a Comment