Friday, June 3, 2011

My Thoughts while Unloading a SEMI by hand....


They did not teach me this in Bible college, but they tell me it's ministry?

Didn't I get my masters to avoid this?

Why on earth did they not use pallets? Who on earth packed this like this?

Always, take the box labeled toilet paper, avoid the ones marked canned goods.

If you're going to drop and break something, let it be something other than balsamic vinagerette dressing... it stinks as it bakes in the hot, humid, semi trailer.

I'm all for miracles Lord, and sure it was cool when you multiplied the little boy's lunch and fed the 5,000, but it was so NOT cool when we could never find the back of the semi today... I am confident that you multiplied those donations and I thank You, but next time could you do it once they are stored in the warehouse?

I'm sure that guy did NOT mean to drop that extra large can of lysol off the truck and onto my toe... I co-currently apologize for any new words the church groups working with us may have learned as a result of this event.

Cases of Pedia-lite are NOT lite at all!

Why did people donate so many snuggies? it's 110 degrees outside, these people lost everything including their couches and tv sets... I'm just not sure how a snuggie is going to be helpful, but what do I know, plus why am I complaining I know I by passed 6 cases of water to grab the snuggie boxes, light as a feather!

I really should get my fork lift certification so I can drive around in one of those all day like Ryan and not have to do all this heavy lifting, but then again I'd probably run into a lot of stuff .... like Ryan.

boxes marked "toilet trees" go on the hygiene pallets. Boxes marked "juce" go with the drinks.

why is no one taking pictures of me carrying this really heavy box?! But when I was standing around at the registration table the TPE guy sure wanted to shoot fotos of me then, just hanging out, there wasn't even sweat on my shirt yet and my mascara was still on my eye lashes, c'mon, where's the paparazzi when I'm actually doing something?

Disclaimer: The above entry does not represent the thoughts, beliefs, or values of Convoy of Hope. It does however, give you a glimpse into the depths of my mind. Your choices are to: Pray for Joplin. Give money to help Joplin. Or meet me at the semi!










No comments:

Post a Comment