Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Journey Begins: The Philippines



I want to tell you a story from each day of our journey, (oh my word! That's 60 blogs!) Lord, help us! I really do want to take each of you on this amazing journey that God allows me to be on and that many of you are making possible with your funds and your prayers, however, I struggle with what will be interesting to you our what you will WANT to hear. I mean you probably don't care that they served sushi & Milano cookies on my 14 hour flight from Japan to PI. Would it interest you to know that we were so jet-lagged at our first breakfast together that Sara Tate poured coffee instead of syrup on her pancakes & Nikki got very frustrated when something wet continued to fall from the sky and hit her. (They call it RAIN here in the Philippines!) You'd probably rather hear about our ministry endeavors?! Well, day 1 here in the PI was spent simply WAKING UP! So you'll just have to wait! There's a 14 hour time difference, I'm nearly a full day ahead of you, it's as close as I'll get to my Back to the Future, Michael J. Fox dreams! It's all kinds of humid here! The people are tiny and nice. They drive Jeepneys and Tricycles (which is a motorcycle with a side car, not what you first envisioned silly! (Goodnight / Goodmorning!) Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment