Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Flashback

Present day:  Hanging with the interns. Talking about the body of Christ and what part they would be.  I told Sara she's the appendix because most of the time it needs to be removed and you can live without it.  Then I told Morgan she was the Spincter. (Gifts of Affirmation has never been my spiritual gifting!) They, in turn, began to quote The Little Rascals to me, which is fitting because they really ARE Little Rascals!

It was then that the flashback took place.  I was immediately back in my first office at Englewood Ministries. (The one that was a closet before they gave it to me as an office!) I sat down to check my voicemail and was greeted by the voice of a 4 year old)  

 "Dear Pastor Mary,

     I hate your stinkin guts! You make me vomit! You are the scugs between my toes! 
  
Love, 
     JoJo Ross" 

Last week, JoJo and I were on the same island of Hispanola, but hours a part from one another, but serving the same BIG God!

No comments:

Post a Comment