Friday, January 11, 2013

10 Books That Have Impacted my Life

I just finished, Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit Bible Study. I've put off finishing it even though, I have my next one sitting on my coffee table, it was just THAT good! I've already decided that it's one that I'll need to do over and over! I can't recommend it enough!!! Every find something like that?!  Something that just sticks with you or something that you hope will stay with you forever?!  It started me thinking about other books that I've read and re-read.  It's a strange list, but here it is in case you were wondering:

1. A Tale of Three Kings:  It's a short, but powerful read.

Check it out for yourself!

2.  Pilgrim's Progress:  This was required reading for nearly every Bible class I ever taught at Englewood Christian Academy and they pretty much hated ever minute of it! Truth is, when I was forced to read it in college, I hated every minute of it too, but somewhere down the road, I realized it's the story of Everyman.  You'll see yourself in one of those characters and you may love what you see or you may find yourself seeking to be a new character once the book is closed.

Check it out for yourself!

3.  The Traveler's Gift:  Couldn't put it down.  It's a novel, but so much more! A NY Times Best Seller too!

Check it out for yourself!

4.  A Child Called It: Truth be told I read this book for someone else's college assignment! What?! Some people like to read, other's like math.  Plus, it was an Evangel student.  I'll never need to read it again, I saw it first hand working with foster kids.  Not to be political or anything, but it's NOT the government's job to take care of the poor, the widows, the aliens, and the orphans, the Bible is pretty clear on the church's responsibility on this one!  It's a true story, an ugly one, but one that needs to be heard!  Check it out for yourself!

5.  A Heart Like His:  I've read the book and done the Bible study.  It's about David.  I've done it 3xs now.  There's a lot to learn from man after God's own heart, plus I like a good scandal, murder, adultery, lowest of lows, highest of highs! Check it out for yourself!

6.  The Shack:  (Gasp!) It's fiction! Get over it! It made me think differently, more openly, more vividly about God and His character! Who doesn't enjoy a book where God is a big black woman??(specifically the one from Touched by an Angel in my mind!) Check it out for yourself!

7.  Redeeming Love:  Not much into love stories, but this one is TRUE and CAPTIVATING! Again, I have to say I really love a good scandal! For romance click here!

8.  The Circle Maker:  If you have trouble praying or understanding prayer or your prayer times are boring and seemingly unproductive, Then click here and get this book! (I keep hearing that once you've read one of Batterson's books you've read them all, while that may be true about your FB statuses I disagree about Batterson!)

9.  The Last Sin Eater: It's a novel.  It's different.  I couldn't put it down.  Click here!

10.  Living Beyond Yourself:  If you're looking for a new devotional or Bible Study or Life Change! Look no further just Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment