Thursday, July 25, 2013

#TBT

I've decided now that I know how to work my scanner and found a tub of old pictures to participate in this trend of #TBT or Throw Back Thursday.

Today I will shame, I mean feature a few of my former students from the good'ole days of youth ministry in the brick building also known as Englehood, Englewood.


First we have the class of 2006.  (Photo taken in 2001 in case you missed the neon orange date!)

Where are they now:   4 are in full time ministry.  0 are in jail! Good Job Youth Pastor!
They're parenting at least 7 ninos currently! Congrats to Jake who just had twins!  3 artsy fartsy jobs
One runs the hotel industry and gets me great deals on nice rooms, couple teachers, one plays with ammunition, and the rest need to update their youth pastor and facebooks more often.

Fond Memories: This was the straight edge group. They looked a little crazy, but they wore big black Xs on their hands to signify no drugs or alcohol.  Jeffrey always carried around a picture of Kurt Cobain's obit in his wallet, and one time carried an 8x10 framed photo of him on a trip, Lauren used to worship trees during prayer times, when Benita was a kids camper I accidently made her cry because I skipped her when putting sunscreen on the other kids, I didn't know dark skinnded people could burn! Bob's real name really isn't Bob we named him that when he was 10 and lied about his age to come to youth.  Rachel one time shaved her head and put giraffe spots on it! And Ryan used to sit in the car and cry because he hated church! The difficult ones were always favorites! ;)

Worst Memory:  They were actually a great group, but one time on a trip several of us were in the hot tub at a hotel and Jeffrey threw something out, when we looked to see what it was it was his swimming trunks! Jeffrey then found himself alone in the hot tub.  I chose NOT to address the issue in the moment! Jeffrey was obviously a favorite.

Now the class of 2002:


Where are they now:  Probably off crying somewhere because they're all about to turn 30!!! We're like the same age now cool! 3 in full time ministry.  0 in jail! Again, great job to your youth pastor! They're parenting about 10 ninos! At least 1 teacher, she was probably inspired from being my TA for a year!  There's a rock star, a politician, and a professional hockey player in the bunch. And several that need to update their FBs and their YP more often.

Fond Memories:  Celebrating Beka the entire month of October every year Octobeka.  Chris' wife,  who is not pictured, her antics in general and her crush and shrine to her secret crush Pierce Brosnon, aka Chris Rosson.  Always being able to go to this class to get things done!!!  Crusin with Crissy after she beat cancer. And Casey hating me and letting me know it for at least 2 years before falling in love with me! Trying to corral Tim and company during rehearsals.

Worst Memories:  I had the privilege (impossible task) of teaching this crew my first year of teaching, one day I came in and they had locked a kid in the file cabinet, one day my stool and stand were missing, but later fell out of the tile ceiling, one day I was trying to teach and they were playing Marco Polo.  Ryan was a drummer ALL day long!  (it was deeply appreciated in chapel and service, but the rest of the time it drove me nuts.)

Thanks for all the good times kiddos! Always remember the rules! Rule #1 No Complaining Rule #2 Shut Up!


3 comments:

  1. I brother was something else!!! What about 2004, your FAVORITE class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class of 04 will need an entry all of its own at a later date!!!:)

    ReplyDelete