Sunday, March 20, 2016

I know!


I know! I know! Pick me!

I used to teach Jr/Sr. High Bible classes, we had a system.  If the principal came by and we were discussing something totally NOT Bible related and I called on you for an answer, the answer was to be always, "Jesus." They used this to their benefit on tests, if they didn't know answer, they'd write, "Jesus." If they weren't paying attention when I called on them and had no idea what I'd even asked, they just replied, "Jesus." And it was always the right answer, well it got them grace and mercy anyway. Funny how that worked out, "Jesus," bringing about grace and mercy. This may be the most valuable lesson I ever taught them and I didn't even realize it! When we're trying to cover our shortcomings, or don't know the answer, or are preoccupied; for Jesus to be our go-to answer, well, I may have been a much better Bible teacher than I thought!

As I grow older, I realize Jesus isn't only a good answer, He's the right answer, the ONLY answer for everyone, for everything, for every nation and tribe.  I am so grateful for the life He's given me. Having grown up in church, I've needed the world view He's afforded me. I needed more than my Sunday school lessons to KNOW that He's THE answer.

I needed my agnostic / atheist Orthodox Christian European foreign exchange student.
I needed that trip to India 12 years ago.
I needed to spend Easter weekend in a Catholic nation.
I needed to live among the Buddhists.
I need to walk into that mosque.

I'll explain why I needed these things later, but I am so grateful for being able to see His creation, His people and their need for a Savior, Healer, Provider, up close and personal. I'm even more grateful to have the good answer, the right answer, the ONLY answer.  I know!

Jesus.












No comments:

Post a Comment