Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Banker, The Baker, The Photograph Maker

(I've been "blogging" in my journal since January and finally have the internet connection to publish a few, hopefully this will give you a small glimpse into our journey together thus far!)

They’ve arrived. The Baker, The Banker, and The Photograph Maker! My 5th @cohintern team. Intern teams are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get! My first team was 12 women, age 18 -71- estrogen filled to say the least.

My next team was only 3, the Indian, the home schooled rock star, and the vegetarian. We had to love one another, I mean if you moved to the other end of the dinner table you were still sitting with the same people.


Summer held 18, 17-21 year olds, they broke out into song on any occasion, from show tunes, to Back Street Boys, to worship choruses! They continue to bring me joy!



My fourth team was 5 girls and a guy; poor guy! “Richard!!” was yelled on EVERY occasion in which we needed help!


And now this crew! 6 college grads, they’re an older bunch which means they like to go to bed early like me! Yay!!! However, I’ve never seen such an array of straw papers fly across the dinner table, at least not since my days of working with jr. highers. They’ve left their careers as a banker, a baker, a school teacher, church staffer, university administrator, & photographer extraordinaire to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, love on the Fatherless, & to break the chains of injustice; you know, Jesus stuff! And please believe they are letting their hair down while they do it! It’s like recess for adults around here!


Oh and P.S. They’re ALL Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment