Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"I really put her in her place!" Lessons learned from @loswhit part II

I recently read a blog by @loswhit, you should check out his blog. He’s the guy who made his lil’ Asian son cry when he told him he couldn’t be a single lady in my last post!

His poor parenting aside, he’s a hilarious guy, oh and he’s a worship leader too. (But best known for making his kid cry and over tweeting during The Bachelor!) Anyway, he wrote a blog entry chastising himself about his behavior with a McDonald’s worker who evidently didn’t give him enough ketchup! Basically he showed his “butt”; he was jerk and since I’m NEVER guilty of such I have to use his story! Ha!Who’s NOT guilty of such? I mean aside from my sweet mother of course?!

I WILL say I am much better than I used to be- and NO NOT at putting people in their place!! At that I used to be an EXPERT, in fact, in high school people would have me write scathing letters to their enemies. I was that “good!”

Unfortunately even as a youth pastor I was more than adept at putting you in your place! Sigh! Poor freshman forgot his sleeping bag one time on an overnight and I put him in his place so hard I think he cried. I apologize, Aaron La Puma and appreciate and applaud your service in our armed forces. While I’m at it I’ll go ahead and apologize to all the students and faculty of ECA, and to the youth and volunteer staff of IOA for ever putting you in your place between the years of 1999 and 2005. SMHIS- Shaking. My. Head. In. Shame.

You’ll be happy to hear that my people encounters from 2006 to present have vastly improved or at least that’s been my goal. He’s still working on me, to make me what I ought to be- that was for YOU Columbia First Assembly Daisies Class 1985! But @loswhit’s blog got me to thinking. As Christians we are called to put people in their place. Their place as a child of God that is! As coheirs. The book I’m reading (Generous Justice) says we’re supposed to take it to another level even. It’s more than introducing them to Christ or responding in crisis or the handout here and there- it’s getting them to the place God wants them to be- life and life more abundantly. So put people in their place! Just not like @loswhit- he makes kids AND McDonald’s workers cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment