Monday, June 18, 2012

In The Beginning: Summer 2012

                              

Well, the interns arrived Thursday night at 6pm and boy, are there are a lot of them! It's crazy that we start off as strangers and in 6weeks we will not remember a time when we did not know each other. Night #1 started off with Chinese food of course, followed by a worship service to commission our team!


Friday morning came early!  Maybe a little too early for me, I've had a stick shift car for over six years now.  I got into it Friday morning and it just wouldn't start! For a full minute I was bewildered, till I realized I was not pushing in the clutch!?  What in the world?  Tired already?  Utho!


I had to wake up quick because I was the opening session. I talked to them out of John 21 about Naked Fishing and Going Overboard. We learned some valuable lessons from Peter here about how to live life especially during the internship.  Go overboard, dive in, get to Jesus as fast and as quickly as you possibly can! It was good stuff.  Unfortunately when my boss came in and asked them what they had learned they said, "About getting naked and that Mary Beth believes she is God's favorite!" Opps!

Afterwards, we signed a covenant committing to follow hard after Jesus the next 6 weeks and to represent Him well everywhere we go because #WeGo for sure!


Then we added the Spring 2012 team to the wall! (I miss those guys!) We prayed over them and the great things they are doing for God. Then we loaded up and headed to KC & checked into The Westin Crown Center! Thanks to one of my former KC students, "Bob" whose real name is Dustin Crowl who hooked us up with a SWEET discount! Love that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment