Thursday, June 14, 2012

Running is Stupid

Am I the only one who gets annoyed at all the marathon-ers on my FB timeline?!

"I ran 16 miles in 4 minutes, it was rough, but it feels so good!" "Only took in 7 miles before work this morning, maybe tomorrow will be better!" Gag!

Oh and did I mention I live by the Missouri State University campus?  Sports bras, running shorts, chatting it up with their running partner, smiling and laughing, and not a bead of sweat?! (Insert eye rolling and head shaking here!)

I've thought about linking MY Couch to 5K app to Facebook just to make all you NON- marathoners feel better! Like today, where it says, "You just ran 1 mile in 18.26 minutes! Or I could tell you how I got up at 6am yesterday to run and fell asleep while doing my stretches so I went back to bed in my new tennis shoes!  Speaking of which; are they not so cool!?

 IF there IS a perk to running, it's the new kicks! Syncing my app to FB would not do it justice, I mean if you really want to feel good about yourself you should come watch me in action, I make running look as excruciatingly and ridiculously hard as is it really is!! And no worries, my attire is baggy pants, big t-shirt, and of course my new shoes and lots and lots of sweat! The event comes with plenty of GREAT facial expressions, stopping because my head phones fell out of my ear yet again, and a near toddler like tantrum when the app lady in my ear says "Okay, now Jog!"

 Speaking of my app lady, her name is "Constance" and I'm torn because I know it's wrong to hate, (well, actually I'm not sure, I always hear my mama say, under her breath, of course, "Oh Lord, is it wrong to hate?!" This typically takes place when she's on the phone with the automated AVON line, after she's seen how bad I beat her at Scramble, or most often after she's exited my Dad's office!) But, I never really hear an answer from the Lord after she says it, but I'm fairly confident that it IS wrong to hate, so my question is, is it wrong to hate Constance? I mean technically she's just a voice on my app right? But she's a real human somewhere too, right?! Soooo... do I repent for hating Constance or can I keep on hating?  The moral dilemmas in my life just get harder and harder everyday! 

Oh and today, I chose to listen to Ricardo Sanchez as I "ran." (You should get his stuff, he's a cool guy we worked on the same staff together for about a minute and a half in Kansas City and he's a great worship leader!) The first song was Moving Forward and well that's good stuff to "run" to, encouraging and the like.  However, towards the end of my "run" (which I'm SURE Constance doubled today)"It's not Over" started playing which says, "It's not over, It's not finished, It's not ending!" Ricardo! Are you kidding me!?! I'll make sure THAT never happens again, but at least I got in a good cry this morning before the interns arrived! 


Last but not least, at the end of your work out you're supposed to log how you feel and you get these faces to choose from?  None of them quite express how I REALLY feel when I'm done so I make my own, here's today's!
 

1 comment: