Monday, November 11, 2013

My Pictorial of my Day at the ZOO with Commentary of Course!

Okay, so there are a few things you should know before you move forward: 
 #1 I HATE animals, it's just true, write PETA or PITA and tell them I not care! 
#2 My co worker LOVES animals and knows a lot of dumb facts about them, I have to keep her from petting street dogs and cats so this was a true act of love and sacrifice to take her to the Zoo
 #3 Once you've been to Africa on a legit Safari and seen lions in the wild, a cheetah chase down a gazelle and rip it apart before your very eyes, and had to put your vehicle in reverse because the mommy elephant was not happy you were getting too close to her baby elephant, you are ruined for zoos FOREVER!! 
#4 However, if you're going to the Zoo, International Zoos are the way to go and I have to say Chiang Mai Zoo is nothing to sneeze at unless you're allergic to animals and all things outdoors like myself! What makes them so much better? How do I put this?  I think it's a lack of safety regulations, like if you WANT to stick your finger in and pet the tiger it's totally doable! 

To start the day off, there was this really cool sign I think it's translated: if you're old and wrinkled or a cute little girl you get a discount

Then you pass the pink flamingos, normally a pink flamingo in the front yard screams TRASHY or TACKY or WHITE TRASH (We can still say that one right?!) I mean last I checked it's okay to bash whites and Christians and it not be considered a hate crime right?! Wow! Where did that come from? But live pink flamingos in the front yard are CLASSY, COOL even, but I did feel real bad for this ugly duckling in the front! I hope he has a great personality and good sense of humor!
Like I said, she wants to pet ALL the animals and thanks to the international zoo standards, she gets to pet this Lemur, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't thrilled about it!        
Then we got to hold the birds! He nibbled on my ear! I was NOT thrilled!


It's totally normal for elephants to hang out behind my bamboo posts right?


Here  she goes again with the petting!
While the safety standards are a bit subpar, they are serious about NOT smoking! The penalty is time with the lion.  However, it's no so offensive in the Outback part of the zoo and you get rewarded with Koala time if you engage in smoking!

I almost bummed one off the rude British guy in front of me because seriously how cute is this guy!?
 
You see the TWO lizards?  One has sense to use sunscreen and sit in the shade, the other is going to be needing some aloe at the end of the day! It's common sense guys, it's a jungle out there!

This pretty pretty peacock better be so glad it rained on my mama when we came to the zoo because she would've had all his tail feathers in her suitcase bound for our Christmas tree!

I will admit I could have watched the monkey's all day! And if you've ever wondered what a woman scorned sounds like press play on the video below!



Okay, so I couldn't resist his cuteness. Notice what's standing between me and him, NADA! I captured this great lil cameo of Gratiana's head shot! 
And I'll admit I think that the penguins are pretty cool and kind of can't wait till they open the arctic exhibit because they're going to have cold weather penguins and a polar bear!

This is a southern elephant, he's drinking straight from the hose pipe! I wish I had it on video because when the guy tried to order him to give it back to him, the elephant just kept turning away from him and kept on drinking! I secretly love it when the animals don't do what the trainers say. I mean what's more entertaining watching tigers jump thru hoops or grab a man's head in his jaws?!


About those safety regulations! haha! Seriously, could have gotten a bear hug! And he was super cute I mean for an animal!

And last, but not least my favorite pic of the day, a tribute to all my tired mommy friends, which is unfortunately not clear at all, but see this sweet mama monkey breast feeding the lil baby monkey?  Her eyes are closed and she looks worn all out! The male monkey goes off to do a lil swinging and she let him know with some hollering and some arm swinging of her own that she was NOT happy!  Unfortunately I was far too enthralled with her look of exhaustion and irritation to catch it all on video!  Come see me and I'll take ya to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment