Thursday, December 26, 2013

Let Me Out of Here


I used to have this little box on my desk when I was a youth pastor.  Often times after I checked my Thursday morning voicemail or after students left my office I would push the button and concur with the lil man in the box! Or simply make it my prayer to God by saying, "Amen." at the end of the lil man's words!

We've all felt this way! Some of you are visiting family right now or holed up in a vehicle with all your children and are feeling this way in this EXACT moment!

Today the title of my devo was, "God In a Box."  God immediately reminded me of the little man in box that used to sit on my desk and let me know He feels this way sometimes too! Like on days when I try to do everything on my own, when I incessantly worry rather than pray.  When I succumb to being overwhelmed and wave the white flag of defeat! He says, "Excuse me! Excuse me! Could you let me out of here! Last I checked I was victorious over death, hell, and the grave! The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the provider, the healer, the redeemer, the restorer, your Father, your Savior! So could you LET. ME. OUT. OF. HERE!?"

I smiled at my the humor of my very real God and said, "Sure thing Lord, let's hang out!" And I let Him out of the little box I keep Him in when I'm busy or worried or overwhelmed. What a world of difference it makes to let him loose!

Inspired by:  Priscilla Shirer's, "ONE in a million"


No comments:

Post a Comment